Current version: 1.8.5 Publication date: May 12,2013. See Release Notes on the bottom of this page.
If you have a lot of files in the document library or in the search results and you are not sure which one
contains the information you are looking for, Document Preview 2010 is exactly what you need!
Document Preview 2010:
1. Versions for SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010
2. SharePoint 2010 Thumbnail View with support for dozens of file formats
3. One of the best SharePoint tools leverages SharePoint Document Management capabilities
4. Integrates in the standard Document/Picture/Assets libraries
5. Integrates in the FAST and regular SharePoint Search centers ****
6. Creates SharePoint thumbnails in separated background process.
7. Two preview modes:
Quick Preview: move mouse over magnifier icon
Modal Preview: click on the magnifier icon.
In this mode you can navigate between documents on the same page using previous and next buttons
8. Doesn't require the user to have a document viewer (Microsoft Office, PDF Viewer) installed on his computer.
9. High security level – only users with at least read permission to the original document will be able to see the preview.
10. Full Integration with Websio Cross View Professional web part
11. Full support for environments with Content Deployment and/or Content Type HUB
12. Saves up to one full working day for each information worker monthly!
|Our Customers about Document Preview |
- Garry Miller, Coretek: "One of the best Sharepoint webparts you can buy"
- John Marsh, Northwest Federal Credit Union: "Absolutely Awesome Product"
- Jose Manuel Sampayo Fernández, Bilbomática: "Easy to install, easy to configure. Excellent support!"
- Mark Jousma, Biddle bv: "Really useful program! Our users are very happy with it! Saves a lot of time."
- Gabriel Moreno, ARIFA: "Nice and easy app. Very useful for end users. Easy to find the document you need."
Click here to view detailed reviews
Supported file formats:
1. Microsoft Word
· Open XML File Format Document (.docx)
· Open XML File Format Document with code (.docm)
· Open XML File Format Template (.dotx)
· Open XML File Format Template with code (.dotm)
· Word 97-2003 Document (.doc)
· Word 97-2003 Template (.dot)
· Rich Text Format files (.rtf).
· Single File Web Pages (.mht, .mhtml). ****
2. Microsoft Excel
· Excel Workbook (.xlsx)
· Excel Workbook with code (.xlsm)
· Excel Template (.xltx)
· Excel Template with code (.xltm)
· Excel 97- Excel 2003 Workbook (.xls)
· Excel 97- Excel 2003 Template (.xlt)
· Microsoft Excel 5.0/95 Workbook (.xls)
· Comma delimited (.csv)
3. Microsoft PowerPoint
· PowerPoint Presentation (.pptx)
· PowerPoint Presentation with code (.pptm)
4. Text files (.txt)
5. Web pages *****
6. InfoPath web-enabled forms *****
5. Email messages (.msg, .eml)
6. Microsoft Visio *
· Visio Drawing (.vsd)
· Visio Drawing XML File (.vdx)
· Shapeware Visio Smartshapes File (.vss)
· Visio Template (.vst)
· Visio Template XML File (.vtx)
· XML for Visio Stencil File (.vsx)
7. Image files
· Bitmap (.bmp)
· Extended (Enhanced) Windows Metafile Format (.emf)
· Exchangeable Image Information File (.exif)
· Graphic Interchange Format (.gif)
· Icon (.ico)
· JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg)
· Portable Network Graphic (.png)
· Photoshop Format (.psd) **
· Tagged Image Format File (.tif, .tiff)
· Windows Metafile (.wmf)
8. Acrobat files (.pdf)
9. CAD Files (.dwg, .dxf) ***
* Visio Extension for Document Preview is required
** Photoshop Extension for Document Preview is required
*** CAD Extension for Document Preview is required.
**** Option is available in the version for SharePoint Server 2010 only.
***** Web Extension is required
Please pay attention! It is essential that you thoroughly read Document Preview Administrator&User Guide
in order to ensure the proper product installation and usage.
Please follow installation instructions carefully.